Hello 😊 I’m Risha (pronunciation: Ree-sha). You may have stumbled across my blog site wondering…
Growing up I’ve composed & blogged on other sites such as (Xanga, Tumblr and BlogSpot) But this time I wanted to make my ideas and thoughts known. I enjoy blogging, I consider it as a therapeutic output for me to just surf the internet and be expressive. From blogging I began to challenge myself..these blog sites allowed me to create and design my “page”. I paid attention to detail and creativity. I then found an interest in HTML and in creating images or banners on my Windows ’98 software (talk about dial-up internet days, when Wi-Fi had yet to exist), “paint” program. I was interested in learning about Adobe Photoshop. You can say blogging has been a long-time hobby of mine, so I do it because I enjoy it 🙂
Why did you create this blog and what is it about?
Good Question. It’s because i’m too shy for Youtube…Hah! Just kidding. I’ve been a reader of many blogs and was just simply inspired. I decided to create one all on a whim, with no intention of assigning a specific theme or topic. I always knew I wanted to create my own website one day…I had all these thoughts and ideas I would like to share but was unsure of where to even begin! All different topics, it was difficult to base my platform on just one thing. I began to brainstorm where my ideas lie and if they shared any relation. Not at all, I’m as random as they come…Which is why I chose to focus my blog on a little bit of EVERYTHING! A lifestyle blogger.
Some things that I am passionate about & enjoy or to even share my own personal experiences that I believe is worth sharing with my audience. It will be displayed in my posts such as:
- Reviews: Lately I have been very big on Yelp. It has been one of my most-used apps. I had just recently turned Elite last month & am still figuring everything out, but I particularly like that Yelp not only networks just restaurants but other businesses as well. I feel that it is important to support local businesses or businesses that are just starting out. What better way to network than word of mouth. I also intend on posting reviews on not just restaurants/businesses but products that I highly recommend or even a first impression of a new purchase.
- Food: I am a BIG FOODIE!! Open to trying new foods is my thing & I admit, I am that girl that will take a picture of her meal before eating it.. then again, i can also be that girl that forgets to take a picture because it had already been devoured. Here, I will post my food adventures! As well as recipes on a wide spectrum, quick & easy meals. I will provide quality photos and caption my orders along with my ratings. Stay tuned!
- Health & Wellness: I have a passion and dedication for this this category because I grew up around medical and health care. My profession also focuses around health & I am all for promoting healthy living. I will share interesting health tips (nothing text-book material) & provide healthier alternatives. Join me as I go through my educational journey towards my career. I’ve experienced that this department’s outcome is truly rewarding!
- Beauty/Fashion: This forum is about my love for shopping. I’ve been told i’m a “hardcore shopper” I don’t believe that lol but I try to get what I need & not what I want. .& be as thrifty as possible. I’m all about deals, I would love to share with you all! Here I will also post my look-books & outfit of the day’s (ootd) along with beauty care products I use – definitely expect a review.
- Travel: Travel is something I wish I can say I do often but when I do its an experience I soak in. The feeling of being in different places is remarkable & nothing is all the same. I will share my travel stories & where I have been and wish to go. Adventure is out there.
- Photography: AKA my camera-roll. Another past-time of mine. This forum will be specifically for me to build my portfolio and share my images.
- Will also discuss tricks & tips, events and etc.
*Disclaimer: Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am not a professional/ have the expertise, nor a am I licensed to provide any lawful information.
Why “Reeshes Pieces” ?
I wanted to come up with something unique, creative and meaningful. In fact, this is a user name I use for other accounts but it all started in High School. I got the nick-name Risha. From Risha it went “Reesh” I had one friend in particular who was the only one who called me “Reeshes Peeshes” Is it a coincidence that my favorite chocolate at the time was Reeces-Pieces? The rest was history! Which brings me to how i created my tag-line & as I mentioned earlier, I will post about various things.. “bits & pieces of everything”. ❤️
Continue reading “New Blog on the Block”