Another year has passed where we plan our annual Labor Day Weekend trip. The past couple of years we have always made a trip out to California but this year we decided to plan something different……😊
S E A T T L E
My boyfriend’s first trip to Seattle & my 2nd (2014) which has been a place i’ve been anticipating going back to, also to show him everything Seattle has to offer.. I love this city. Especially because it is a different environment than what we are accustomed to. I knew it was time to pay a visit again.. this time to celebrate my birthday early plus our anniversary.
We flew into Seattle’s Tacoma Airport Friday (Sept.1) took the Sound Transit into the city. The weather was as beautiful as can be..we knew this weekend consisted of a lot of walking which was great that everything was walking distance from our hotel & we didnt have to spend any money on cab-fare or Uber/Lyft.. It just made me realize how out of shape I am. Lol, very hilly landscape.
If you ever consider traveling to Downtown Seattle, I highly recommend staying at Loew’s Hotel 1000. Currently under renovation in their main lobby but great rooms and service, we were able to upgrade our standard room to a suite. Thank you to the friendly staff and concierge for all the wonderful accommodations!
Here is an overview of what we did this past weekend 😄
Friday, Sept. 1
- Land in Tacoma Airport
- Rode Light Link Rail into the city
- Checked into Hotel 1000
- Complimentary pick up shuttle for dinner at 6:30pm with our wonderful driver, Chris.
- 6:45pm Dinner reservation with a beautiful view at Salty’s in Alki’s Beach.
- Here we made special dinner reservations for my upcoming birthday (Sept. 9) & our 10 year anniversary (Sept. 14)
Saturday, Sept. 2
- Walked to Pike’s Place to see the Gum Wall, Market Place & Vendors. (picked up some small eats along the way)
- Ride the Ducks tour at 11am
- Space Needle
- Walk around back to Hotel… to rest! 😌
- Dinner at 6:30pm at Elliott’s Oyster Bar by the pier.
Sunday, Sept. 3
- Walked to Pike’s Place Market, again! (Love this place & also did our souvenir shopping)
- Mariner’s & A’s game
- Rest in the hotel before dinner
- Dinner down by the pier & handmade ice cream for dessert.
Monday, Sept 4
- We checked out of our suite& left our luggage at concierge to place in storage while we went to go grab food before the airport.
- We ate brunch at Local 360 (There were many other places we wished we could try but with it being a holiday it was hard to get in contact with restaurants & with how busy it was)
- Picked up our luggage & headed to the airport.
Everything was perfect! Wish we could stay longer. This particular trip made me realize that as the years go by i’ve outgrown celebrating & going out with friends, instead i would rather travel. It was another very meaningful and sentimental trip we shared together for the books! I look forward to doing this every year for my birthday/our anniversary & a perfect time to plan a Labor Day vacation.
You’ve been so good to us..Until next time Seattle, i’ll miss youu. ❤️